Privacy Notice for MyWorld Global Inc.
Version 1.0, May 1, 2020
At MyWorld Virtual (that’s us), we believe that privacy is fundamental to a healthy internet.
In this Privacy Notice, we explain what data may be accessible to MyWorld Virtual or others when you use MyWorld Virtual.
Things you should know:
We do not share or sell your personal data.
We are focused on privacy and value trust, for everyone.
We value privacy over profit.
Your presence and communications are sent to MyWorld Virtual and other Room users.
- Avatar data: We receive and send to others in the Room the name and likeness of your Avatar/Digi Me, its position in the Room, and your interactions with objects in the Room.
- Custom Avatars/Digi Me: You may create a custom avatar/Digi Me. If you create an account, MyWorld Virtual will store your custom avatar/Digi Me, associated with your account.
- Stock Avatars: If you choose one of the regular avatars/Digi Me, you may login to store information about your avatar with MyWorld Virtual. You can optionally store information Avatar/Digi Me in your browser’s local storage if you do not log in to your account.
- Room data: Rooms are publicly accessible to anyone with the URL. MyWorld Virtual receives data about the virtual objects and Avatars/Digi Me in a Room and shares that data with others in the Room.
- Voice data: If your microphone is on, MyWorld Global Inc receives and sends audio to other users in the Room. Mozilla does not record or store the audio.Be aware that once you agree to let MyWorld Virtual use your microphone, it will stay on as long as you remain in a MyWorld Virtual room, unless you turn it off.
- In-Room Photos and Video: You can use the camera tool to take photos and video unless the room owner has disabled this feature. The camera tool displays a red icon during filming. Your avatar/Digi Me will also indicate to others with a red icon that you are filming and capturing audio from enabled microphones in the room.
- Data retention: If you take a photo or video, the file is stored locally on your device and uploaded to MyWorld Virtual’s servers so that it can be shared within the room. Pinned files are stored permanently in your room unless you remove it. Unpinned files are deleted from MyWorld Virtual’s servers after 72 hours.
- Third-Party Communications Services: MyWorld Virtual allows you to connect some third-party services to a MyWorld Virtual room.
MyWorld Virtual receives data you create and share with MyWorld Virtual.
- Images, Video, and Objects: MyWorld Virtual receives video and image file links to process and display them in the MyWorld Virtual Room. MyWorld Virtual stores this data as long as you remain in the Room. If you pin a video, image, or object in the Room, MyWorld Virtual will store that information until the object or room is deleted.
- Scenes and Avatars/Digi Me You Share: MyWorld Virtual receives 3D Room model links, 3D Avatar/Digi Me information, and the name of the Room or Avatar in order to process and display the Room or Avatar/Digi Me. MyWorld Virtual stores the name and the URL for the link you share so you and others with the link to the Room can use it again.
- Search: You can search for images, GIFs, and 3D Models to share in MyWorld Virtual. We use third-party search providers. When you search, we will send your searches to these third parties, which have their own privacy policies.
- Microsoft Bing Video & Image Search: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
- Tenor: https://tenor.com/legal-privacy
- Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/privacy
- Google Poly & YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/privacy-policy/
MyWorld Virtual receives data when you create and publish Scenes with CreateVR with Spoke by Mozilla or create a custom avatar/Digi Me.
MyWorld Virtual receives technical and interaction data to improve performance and stability for MyWorld Virtual.
- Account data: You do not need to create an account to use MyWorld Virtual. If you decide to create an account with your email address, we receive your email address to send you a login link, but stores only a hashed version of your email address.
- Technical data: We receive and store data about Room URLs and names; the type of device you use to interact with MyWorld Virtual, as well as its operating system, language, the name and version of browser; and other data to load and operate the Room.
- Interaction data: We receive data about your interactions with the MyWorld Virtual service itself such as the number of Rooms created, messages sent through or to third-party services like Slack and Discord, the maximum number of users in a particular room at one same time, the start and end time of a user’s interaction with MyWorld Virtual, the amount of time a user interacts with MyWorld Virtual through Virtual Reality, the first time in a particular month or day that a user begins to use MyWorld Virtual. MyWorld Virtual uses third party services to store and analyze these operational messages. We also use Google Analytics, which places a cookie on your device, to obtain metrics on how users engage with our websites. This helps us to improve site content.
- Error Data: In order to diagnose problems, MyWorld Virtual sends MyWorld Virtual logs of error messages (which include the Room URL, response time for requests, the page you were on when you encountered the error, your operating system, browser information, and may include your IP address).